Corfee, er, Coffee
Following up on my latest affliction, drinking coffee, I’ve been reading a lot and trying to do some research as to the health affects of the stuff. Personally, I find coffee’s appetite suppressant aspects the most intriguing, but other health affects are:
- Reduced risk of Alzheimer’s disease
- Reduced risk of gallstone / gallbladder disease
- Reduced risk of Parkinson’s disease
- Cognitive performance in the form of increased short term memory recall, reaction time, verbal memory and increased IQ, especially in the elderly
- The caffeine in coffee helps increase the effectiveness of pain killers, particularly migraine and headache medications
- Reduced risk of diabetus type 2 by up to 1/2
- Reduced incidents of cirrhosis and heart disease
- Lots of antioxidants
- Prevention of dental cavities
- Gout. And no one wants to come down with a case of the ol’ Gout.
Of course, that’s not to say that coffee is all good and no ugly. Too much caffeine isn’t good for you, and can lead to anxiety, difficulty sleeping, nervous jitters. There’s also diarrhea, which sucks, and it’ll stain your teeth. My dad says it makes your feet stink. His do, and he drinks coffee. Some people even think that coffee kills babies, but I don’t know where I heard that.
Up Next: Nintendo Makes Video Games Now?