Enviroblog is one of my favorite RSS feeds for all things green. It has a manageable amount of posts to sift through (unlike those other brands) and a healthy dose of liberal treesucking. In a post today, where they claim that 98% of Americans want to phase out fossil fuels and 4 out of 5 of us want climate action now, they list what vehicles the folks running for their party’s nominations drive. I’ll reproduce the list here for those of you afraid of hyperlinks.
- Mike Huckabee drives a Chevrolet Silverado truck while his familyâ€™s main car is a 2007 Chevy Tahoe. Just FYI, those two SUVâ€™s are also the biggest SUVâ€™s on the planet.
- John McCainâ€™s wife drives a Lexus while his daughter owns a Prius hybrid. He drives a Cadillac.
- Mitt Romney drives Ford Mustang convertible and a big Chevy pickup, while his wife drives a Cadillac crossover vehicle.
- Ron Paul drives a Buick in DC, a secondhand Lincoln and Ford truck in Texas.
- Rudy Giuliani does not own a car.
- Barack Obama owns a 340 HP Chrysler 300C. However, when his choice was made known to the public, he bought a more PC hybrid.
- John Edwards drives a hybrid as well, but he was apparently caught driving a bigger SUV a while ago. He also own Chrysler Pacifica.
- Hillary Clinton drives a fashionable Mercury Mariner hybrid, which by the way does not score all that well on mileage counts.
I don’t know what these revelations reveal, but I can say this: You don’t change your boots when they’re in the mud, you put on the golaches on before you go catching skippers.