WordPress Plugin: Click Modal
A simple way to create modal windows, done right.
Create one or a million modals, and without a lick of jQuery involved. This is not a robust, endlessly useful plugin form. It is incredibly barebones, intended for those websites that just need a contact form and nothing else. It is the opposite of bloated and complex, yet deceivingly powerful.
What This Plugin Does
- Create a single, site-wide modal, or as many individual ones as you’d like, to display on your website’s front end.
- These are post types, so the interface is familiar.
- Choose to add your latest modal to every page, or use a shortcode to add different modals to different pages (or templates if you’re keen.)
- Simple options to choose where the modal is positioned (top left, center, bottom right, right, etc.) and how many times it’ll appear (just once, once per user, etc.)
- In addition to your modal’s content, options to display one or two buttons, whether to show a close button / “X”, and whether clicking outside of the modal hides it or not.
- A basic, modern style — or override with your own styles. In either case, no stylesheets are added to your website, it’s all inline
styletags in the
- Uses no jQuery on the front end at all.
- New in v1.2:
- Ability to completely hide a modal on any given page.
- Added support for
- New in v1.3: Added option to show the modal ‘every X days’
- New in v1.3.1: CSS adjustments for mobile