WordPress Plugin: Click Optimize
WordPress doesn’t have to be slow.
This plugin has absolutely no settings, at least not yet. It’s primary goal is to prevent WP from adding a bunch of gunk to your site.
What This Plugin Does
- Removes a ton of little things from the
headsection of your site, including:
- RSS feed links and extras
- RSD link
- The WP Generator tag
- WLW Manifest Link
- Rest output link
- OEmbed discovery links
- Emoji detection scripts – so you’ll need to paste in emojis, not use emoticons to simulate them
- Remove the link to api.w.org
- Remove the shortlink (ie, if you use permalinks, WP wants to export a link to
?p=123in the head section)
- Removes inline styles for comments
- Deregisters jQuery and jQuery Migrate
- Deregisters code for the WP Block Library – this means that you will have to use the Classic Editor or write your own CSS styles for every Gutenberg block you intend to use
Why This Plugin?
A fresh install of WordPress, no plugins, nothing done to it, automatically creates a
head section with 47 lines of code. That doesn’t include a
title tag or any other code a theme may add, that’s just what WP spits out via
If you’re using the Twenty Twenty Three theme, that number becomes 108. One hundred eight lines of code, before a single drop of page-visible content has been created. And no sir, I don’t like it.
Though please understand, I love WordPress. I just want to make it better! And as a developer, and not a “theme putter-together” it’s my job to make the best website, for my clients, that I can.