Getting Started with Stripe Payment Processing
I love Stripe, the simple to use, easy to integrate payment processor built for developers. If we’ve decided that it’s a good fit for your site (assuming you’re a client), or you’re just curious about how to get a Stripe account all setup, just follow along with the tutorial below:
- Sign up with Stripe.
- Once you’re in Stripe, click Your account near the top right, then choose Account Settings.
- Click the Transfers tab.
- Click Add Bank Account
- Enter in your bank account details and click Add Bank Account
- Stripe will send you an email to ask you to confirm your email address. Once you’ve done that, you can login and complete the activation process. This involves entering in your name, address and other legal stuff that comes along with processing payments.
- You’ll likely want to leave your account in Test mode (see the toggle Live / Test near the top left of your account pages.
- If you’re working with me, I’ll let you know when you can switch over to Live mode.
That’s it! Easier than setting up most other payment processors, for sure!
Not familiar with Stripe? Check them out at Stripe.com. I like them because they’re easy to work with, get you your money in 2 days (note that some or all new accounts get a 7 day transfer at first), and the fees are in line with everyone else.
Up Next: Add Theme Support for HTML 5 Figures and Figcaptions to WordPress Images